Whitney Houston’s Death Due to Drowning
A number of drugs were indeed found in her system, but the main cause of singing icon Whitney Houston’s untimely demise is drowning. This is according to the autopsy report released last Thursday.
According to officials, Houston was a chronic cocaine user who had the drug in her system when she drowned in a hotel bathtub. The autopsy also noted heart disease contributed to her death.
The coroner’s disclosure finally ended weeks of speculation about what killed the Grammy-winning singer on Feb. 11 — on the eve of the Grammy Awards.
Houston was found submerged in the bathtub of her room at the Beverly Hilton Hotel, And, although several bottles of prescription medications were found in her hotel room, her death was still ruled to be accidental.
Patricia Houston, the singer’s sister-in-law and manager, wrote in a statement to The Associated Press, “We are saddened to learn of the toxicology results, although we are glad to now have closure.”
Beverly Hills police said in a statement there was no evidence of wrongdoing in connection with Houston’s death.